Concrete Floor Maintenance New Jersey????
Concrete floors are durable and resilient thus it is difficult for them to get damaged. When you have concrete flooring, high heels, furniture legs and even dog claws will not be able to damage its surface. Proper concrete floor maintenance New Jersey guarantees its long lifespan, though.
Concrete flooring is low in maintenance. It is definitely easier to maintain compared to wooden floors.? All it needs is regular waxing and sealing every about 6-9 months for surface protection and to restore its fresh look. It also helps a lot to use a neutral cleaning agent every at least once a year.
Maintaining Unsealed Concrete Floors ?
Concrete floors are extremely durable. Many homeowners have concrete floors in their garages, basements and workrooms.
Physical damage is not something you need to worry about when you have concrete floors. Concrete floors, however, are porous thus it can easily get stained because it absorbs liquid.
Stains are the worst enemy of unsealed concrete floors or bare concrete. Old stains that have permeated deeply on the concrete floor can be lightened but you cannot completely get rid of them.
To prevent stains from permanently settling, you need to clean your unsealed concrete floor at least once a week and focus your attention on the stains.
- Sweep away dust, dirt and debris with a shop vacuum or stiff-bristled broom.
- Work on the stains.
- ? Grease Stains. Sprinkle cornstarch on the stained area and let it sit for around 3 days then vacuum away.
- ? Rust Stains. For light stains pour distilled white vinegar and let it stand for about 30 minutes. Scrub it off with a stiff brush then rinse. For dark and large stains, you will need a commercial rust remover.
- ? Tire Marks. Wet the stained area and then apply a degreaser. Let it stand for at least 4 hours. Scrub off the area and then rinse.
- ? ? ? Mold and Mildew Stains. For light stains scrub off the stained area with a mixture of trisodium phosphate, powdered laundry detergent, and water. Scrub off the area and then rinse. For heavy stains, scrub the area with water and chlorine bleach solution.
- ? Food and Beverage Stains. Scrub the stained area with a mixture of water and dishwashing soap. For oil stains, apply dishwashing soap directly on the stain and scrub the stained area.
This can be a tedious task and you will need to do this process each time your unsealed concrete floor develops stains. As experts in concrete floors, we at Epoxy Floors New Jersey strongly suggest that you have your concrete floor sealed.
Concrete Floor Maintenance New Jersey
There is no such thing as a flooring system that does not need any maintenance. While concrete floors are easier to maintain than other types of flooring system (wooden, carpeted), they still need regular maintenance to last longer.
Concrete floor maintenance demands only minimal costs. The amount of maintenance required depends on the level of foot and vehicle traffic it receives. This is so because of some unique characteristics of concrete flooring.
- Does not have grout lines, fibers or joints where dirt and debris can get trapped.
- When properly sealed, it is resistant to abrasion, water and stains.
Cleaning and sealing are two of the most important factors for maintaining the integrity and beauty of concrete floors.
The frequency of cleaning and sealing concrete floors is dependent on wear and tear. Concrete floors in residential areas are likely to be exposed to less abuse than those in commercial establishments and industrial facilities.
Maintaining Sealed Concrete Floors
You cannot keep on cleaning stains on your concrete floor as they appear. Sealing prevents concrete floors from staining. It makes cleaning as easy as mopping and sweeping. With the right concrete sealer, maintaining concrete floors will be an extremely easy task.
Since sealed concrete floors are non-porous they are now resistant to staining and therefore easier to clean.
- Dust, mop or sweep dirt and grit to prevent them from scratching the sealed concrete floor.
- Spot clean stains with damp cloth or mop as they appear.
- Mop at least once a week with warm water and a small amount of dishwashing liquid to remove stains.
We at Epoxy Floors New Jersey can recommend the right sealer for your concrete floor. The right sealer can make your concrete floor non-porous and therefore resistant to stains, dirt and a lot of other things. We can also recommend the right maintenance program.
prevent it from staining. Concrete sealers also make concrete floors easy to clean and maintain.
This one part resin and one part hardener creates a protective film on the concrete substrate. It is ideal for high traffic areas and produces a high gloss finish. It is durable and resistant to chemical staining and abrasion. It is more of a coating and lasts for about 15 years or more.
This sealer creates on invisible protection without altering the concrete surface. It penetrates deep into the concrete to protect it against chemicals and moisture. It has a matte or natural finish and lasts for about 2-4 years.
This sealer protects the beauty of decorative and polished concrete and lasts for about 3-5 years. It forms a protective film over the concrete surface. It provides protection against stains scuffs, moisture and abrasion. It is available in various levels of sheen.
This is the most economical of all concrete sealers. It creates a thin protective film over the concrete surface. This sealer provides protection against chloride intrusion and moisture.? It is available in matte to gloss finishes and lasts for about 2-3 years.
The right concrete floor maintenance New Jersey program is essential to a good looking and functional concrete floor. Cleaning and maintaining concrete floors is a lot easier with the right concrete sealer.
Call us now for a free assessment of your concrete floor!