Epoxy is a concrete flooring sealer. It is stronger and more durable than the more popular acrylic sealer. Epoxy adheres better to the concrete surface, too.
Epoxy sealers are highly built protective films that adhere to the concrete surface to produce a hard-wearing and long-lasting finish that is resistant to abrasion and chemical stains. They are also resistant to moisture.
Epoxy sealers also provide a clear and high gloss finish. If you wish to add some color, they are also available in a wide range of hues, which can be combined to create a customized color.
As a result of the high adhesion level of epoxy to the concrete surface, its strength, longevity and reliability remain unmatched. For these reasons, epoxy sealers are often used in high foot traffic areas such as airports, warehouses, retail stores, and manufacturing plants.
Because of its strength, durability and aesthetic value, many homeowners have started to entrust their garage floors to a garage floor sealing company New Jersey.
Garage Floor Sealing Company New Jersey
A garage floor sealing company New Jersey can transform your plain garage concrete floor into one with a high aesthetic appeal.
The epoxy floor coating installation process is simple and fast when done by professional epoxy installers.
Prepare Concrete Garage Floor
Prior to sealing the garage floor with epoxy, the concrete surface needs to be properly prepared. A properly prepared concrete surface will ensure that there will be a solid and durable bond between the concrete floor and the sealant.
- Before starting work, the epoxy installers will first make sure that the temperature for the day is below 500F. This will ensure the epoxy product will bond and cure well.
- The garage will be thoroughly cleaned by getting rid of all dirt and debris.
- A pressure washer will be used to exhaustibly clean the garage floor removing missed dirt and debris from the initial sweep.
- Oil and grease stains as well as existing sealants will be removed through acid washing.
- The garage floor will then be allowed to dry.
- Cracks and chips will be repaired.
- A diamond grinder will be used to level the concrete floor and create a smooth surface.